Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Spring '14 Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.comThere are several categories in this years Bloggers Quilt Festival. 

Here is my entry in the mini quilt category.

 
I have been playing along in the background with a local 12 x 12 group.  I missed out on getting into the first group and we are waiting to start a second group.  In the meantime I decided to make a small quilt for each of their topics.  I am using as practice to improve my skills. 
The topic for this quilt was "Link".   This is my daisy chain - it is the first time I have made a 3D quilt with the addition of the netting and large daisy in the centre.

5 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Oh, that is so sweet!

Shay said...

I love this idea. The 3D effect is very appealing. I just had to come over for a look from your thumbnail.

The linking of the daisies is a cute idea. Great job!

Yvonne Campbell said...

I like the 3d affect.

a maidenhair fern said...

I love all the mediums in your quilt, so much texture. Even the print on the base fabric looks like it's minky. Cute.

Wendy said...

that is lovely!

Two Years Of 12 x 12 Art Quilts

A group of local quilters has recently completed two years of making 12" x 12" art quilts -completing one every two months working...