Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Light Up Your Landscape - Gloria Loughman Class

A couple of weeks ago I took part in my first ever quilt class.  It was run by Gloria Loughman http://www.glorialoughman.com/
I thoroughly enjoyed the class and am delighted with what I have produced.  I am not going to bind it but rather put facings on the back as Gloria taught us.  This was the first time I had used a walking foot.
There were 20 in the class and we all produced very different pieces.  I am noe keen to get her books and try some of her other methods of constructing quilts.


 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

Wow, it is gorgeous! Is the facing like turning or bagging a quilt(right sides of fabric facing...sew around and the turn leaving a finished edge with no binding?)

Two Years Of 12 x 12 Art Quilts

A group of local quilters has recently completed two years of making 12" x 12" art quilts -completing one every two months working...