Skip to main content

Yellow For Foto Finish

 



I'm a little later than normal with this weeks foto finish image. Yesterday I helped drive a 16 seater bus to Hamilton - 3hrs away - for a Craft and Quilt Show. I had a quick look through the images I took yesterday but nothing stood out as fitting this weeks subject - Yellow. I did most of the driving as the other designated driver was unwell and not feeling up to doing much of the driving.

Last night I had two of the grand children stay over and I kept one of them here all day today as her mother and sister are unwell at the moment - heaps of bugs going around here with the change of seasons. I took her home a little while ago as I have to work tomorrow.

To cap things off our internet connection has been very slow all day and I have had trouble viewing photos on blogs so haven't checked out the other images yet. I hope this post works.

At the moment I am watching USA play Ireland in a Rugby World Cup game which is being held in our lovely city. The tournament kicked off on Friday evening in Auckland. We have 3 of the games in New Plymouth over the next few weeks. The excitement associated with this tournament being held in our country is absolutely fantastic.

GO THE MIGHTY ALL BLACKS!!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Barbara said…
Oh, what a pretty bird! I love seeing your shots from the other side of the world.
Kate said…
Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Hope you can ward off all the bugs going around. Pretty bird! Very cool shot with the parrot being most of the color. It lookslike one of those B&W shots that someone has colored.
quiltzyx said…
What a gorgeous fellow!
Thanks for sharing him with us.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon & that the bugs pass you by.

Popular posts from this blog

Mellow Yellow Monday

Kowhai trees in bloom at Kawakawa Bay

QUILTY 365

This is my first 8 weeks of Quilty 365.  This will be linked back to http://quiltyfolk.blogspot.co.nz/2016/01/january-quilty-365-linkup.html
I started my blocks on November 1st and have decided to sew them together in 2 week strips.  I am thinking that I will end up with too many blocks to make a well proportioned quilt so may have to incorporate the last few months into the backing -we will see how it progresses.  My blocks are 4.5" square and I am varying the size of my circles.  I am using scrap pieces of my low value fabrics for the background -even piecing many of the background squares to use up smaller scrap pieces.  As I do a lot of scrap quilting and love working with tiny scraps of fabric I am also making some of my circles scrappy.
I belong to a private facebook group of 50 fellow quilters and several of us are playing along with this project. 

Two Years Of 12 x 12 Art Quilts

A group of local quilters has recently completed two years of making 12" x 12" art quilts -completing one every two months working to a selected theme for each one.  I really enjoyed this experience and am now taking part in a 20" x 15" challenge working to colour themes.  We have three months to complete these. 

Here are some of my 12 x 12 quilts
"Spring"
"Vintage"        
"Temptation"  -my idea for this was "The Grass Is Always Greener" and it is made in my favourite style of sewing small crumbs of fabric together. "Perspective" "Nursery Rhyme" - "Rain Rain Go Away" "Autumn"
I will need to track down some of the other images on my computer and will put them in another post. 
It has been a long time since I last posted but we have been having a conversation about blogging in an on line group I belong to and it has inspired me to have another go at this.